India’s first private train Delhi-Lucknow, Tejas Express started its first journey on 05th Oct 2019. Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh Yogi Adityanath flagged off the train.
Tejas is the first train which is not to run by Indian Railways but instead, by its subsidiary company, Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC).
The premium private train will run between Delhi and Lucknow on all days except Tuesday.
To increase the profitability the Railway Ministry has approved the proposal to privatize some trains under Railway Ministry’s 100 days action plan.
Since IRCTC is an arm of the Indian Railways, the move to run this train under IRCTC doesn’t make completely privatization of the train but it opens the doors for more public-private companies in the Indian rail network.
Tejas Express, All you need to know
Tejas Express Route
Tejas Express will run between Delhi to Lucknow from the 5th of October 2019. The travelers traveling between these two cities will now get premium facilities like a flight on the premium train Tejas.
Tejas Express Delhi to Lucknow Timing
The train will start from Lucknow Railway Station at sharp 6:10 AM and will be reached at New Delhi Railway station at 12:25 pm. In its return journey, the train will be departing from Delhi at 3.35 pm and reach Lucknow at 10.05 pm.
To complete the one-way journey in Tejas will take 6 hours and 15 minutes. Also in any case, if the train gets delayed, the Indian Railways will offer compensation to the passengers.
Tejas will be the fastest train plying between Delhi and Lucknow. The train has only two stoppages between Delhi and Lucknow- which is Ghaziabad and Kanpur.
Tejas Express Compensation
If the train is delayed for over an hour, passengers will get compensation of INR 100 and in case of delay of two or more hours, passengers will get compensation od INR 250 from IRCTC. Also, IRCTC is offering free insurance of INR 25 lakh to every passenger who is traveling in Lucknow-Delhi on this train.
Tejas Express Schedule
Tejas Express will run on all days except Tuesday.
Tejas Express Fare
- Tejas Express Lucknow to Delhi Fare: The cost of traveling from Lucknow to New Delhi on this train will cost INR 1125 for the AC chair car and INR 2310 for the executive chair car.
- Tejas Express Delhi to Lucknow Fare: The cost of traveling from New Delhi to Lucknow will cost INR 1,280 for AC chair car and INR 2,450 for the executive chair car.
- Tejas Express Lucknow to Kanpur Fare: The fare of Lucknow to Kanpur in this train will be INR 320 for the AC chair car and INR 630 for the executive chair car.
- Tejas Express Lucknow to Ghaziabad Fare: The fare of traveling from Lucknow to Ghaziabad will be INR 1,125 for AC chair car and INR 2310 for executive chair car.
- Tejas Express Delhi and Kanpur Fare: The fare for traveling between Delhi and Kanpur will cost you INR 1155 for AC chair car and INR 2155 for the executive chair car.
All the fare of this train will be operating on the Flexi-fare scheme, so the fares will be different according to your sections and travel dates. Also, there will be no concessions for senior citizens and others.
Tejas Express Booking
The tickets of India’s First Private Train can only be booked form the official IRCTC website. Tickets of this train will not be booked form the booking windows at Rail Stations. The official Mobile APP of IRCTC also could be used to book up to 60 days in advance.
Also, the passengers will able to book their tickets up to 5 minutes before the scheduled departure of the train.
- There is no tatkal or premium tatkal ticket booking facility on the train.
- For cancellation, a full refund for confirmed and waitlisted tickets will be done with no extra cancellation fee.
- The passengers on the waiting list would be able to cancel their tickets up to four hours before the scheduled departure at Rs 25 per ticket.
Tejas Express Facilities
The premium private train Tejas will offer its passengers premium services like flights. Services such as;
- Baggage Pick up and drop from Home-to-destination.
- Cab services
- Hotel bookings
- Combo Meals
- RO Water Purifier
- Tea and Coffee Vending Machines
- Compensation for Train Delay
- Call Buttons for Crew Service.
Tejas Express Meal Charges
The catering charges from Lucknow to Delhi would be Rs 185 for chair car and Rs 245 for executive chair car. The charges from New Delhi to Lucknow will be Rs 340 for AC chair car and Rs 385 for executive chair car respectively.
To get travel updates directly on your mobile, save and send a message at 9461777617 on Whatsapp to start.